[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] cairo xcb backend

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 18:25:01 EDT 2010

>> Fair enough, if enabling the xcb backend slows things down, especially
>> if it is unmaintained so not likely to improve soon, we should remove
>> it.
>> It's a shame that awesome has to go but I'm sure the people using
>> awesome know how to handle building from AUR/ABS and create a
>> xcb-enabled cairo for it.
>
> If it was just an optional backend, I would leave it enabled. But the
> fact is that the XCB backend replaces the Xlib version, resulting in
> visual bugs and crashes.

Have you tried --enable-xcb and --disable-xlib-xcb - this should keep
the Xlib version as is, but still support the xcb version.

I'd be willing to test this configuration if there's some reliable way
to invoke the fore mentioned crashes. I don't usually  use Seamonkey
or Thunderbird, and my Firefox is a tarball download from Mozilla.com

--
damjan