[arch-general] sudoers file change - not much on dev list - reason for changes?

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Thu Sep 9 03:21:36 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 03:25 +0100, Mario Figueiredo wrote:
> I confess I'm baffled as to why upstream did this change, why it was
> needed and if it actually was needed.
> I can't seem to find anything about it in the online changelog
> either.
> Seems something completely arbitrary. Or an oversight. Or a mistake.

I'm baffled by the fact that people make a huge issue about a comment
for a possible configuration in /etc/sudoers. The change doesn't
introduce anything, it just adds an example of something you could
possibly implement.

This is actually the same reason why I'm annoyed by bugreports that
request a different order of comments or examples in the kernel26
PKGBUILD for configuration. IMHO we should just remove that completely
and not care about such things, I mean... I don't add "#add --enable-xcb
to enable XCB" in the cairo PKGBUILD either.