[arch-general] distributed bugtracking?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Sep 9 06:33:35 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 22:48, Aaron Schaefer <aaron at elasticdog.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <dieter at plaetinck.be> wrote:
>> anyone knows this? http://bugseverywhere.org/be/show/HomePage
>>
>> the concept looks great, although i don't know anything about the
>> implementation/usage.
>

> There's quite a few things out there with this same idea:
>
> - Ditz (http://ditz.rubyforge.org/)
> - TicGit (http://wiki.github.com/schacon/ticgit/)
> - git-issues (http://github.com/jwiegley/git-issues)
>
> ...etc. I love the idea of distributed bug tracking, but haven't
> really messed around with too many of them myself to offer more of an
> opinion. They've been around for a while though.

I've used BE for a tiny little project, but then it was more of a
todo-list rather than a proper bugtracker.  I'd love to hear from
people who've used it in larger projects.

As a personal, per-project todo-list manager it was all right.  I'm
just not still sure whether it should go into the project repo itself,
or be standalone.

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org