[arch-general] Unable to Start PostgreSQL

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:39:17 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Byron Clark <byron at theclarkfamily.name> wrote:
> On 09/10/10 at 01:00pm, Carlos Mennens wrote:
>> Anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is a brand new server and
>> fresh install of both Arch & PostgreSQL.
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16507

Wow - I just checked that ticket and was shocked. It appears that
PostgreSQL is just flat out broken and doesn't work when installed on
Arch Linux, right? Is there a work around or anything or do I simply
have to wait until the developers resolve this issue before I can
start and run a PostgreSQL server on Arch Linux?

Thanks for bug link!