[arch-general] community/e-svn 51937-1 BROKEN? themes fail screen resolution fail etc...

Nicky726 nicky726 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 05:34:53 EDT 2010

Dne St 15. září 2010 11:08:10 Joe(theWordy)Philbrook napsal(a):
> Is anybody else having a problem with community/e-svn 51937-1 (e17-svn)?
> Or is it just me? Any suggestions would be welcome... But I already tried
> moving my ~/.e directory and letting e17 start with a fresh user profile.
> But it still wouldn't let me save my changes if they included screen
> resolution changes.

Hello, Joe,

I also noticed problems with the new release of E17 at my 32bit Arch. It
seems, that there was some change upstream that broke compatibility with older
themes/backgrounds/icons, so that they are listed in selections dialogs, but
are not loaded. Rebuilding the e17-backgrounds, e17-icons and e17-themes
packages from the AUR partially solves the problem, as more
themes/backgrounds/icons can now be loaded, some still remains broken though.
I've  also seen the resolution being reset to default, but in my case the
switch to desired one was flawless and logout succeeded (OSS ati drivers).

Hope, this will be of some help,
regards, Nicky

--
Don't it always seem to go