[arch-general] Spell Checking in Emacs

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:31:43 EDT 2010

I found some more information concerning the ispell problem with
emacs.  It seems that if I do ispell-buffer, region, or word on clean
data (correctly spelled), I don't get any errors in the mini buffer
and in fact, ispell-word even tells me the word is correct.  Fine -
that works as it should.  However, as soon as there is a miss-spelled
word to report, then is when I get the error in the mini-buffer saying
that the text is read-only.  It would appear that maybe ispell can't
open a buffer to display the word choices.  I don't know emacs lisp
well enough to try and debug this thing but it's beginning to look
like nobody else here is getting the problem or doesn't use this
combination with emacs.  Any other ideas out there?