[arch-general] Spell Checking in Emacs

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 09:23:19 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 05:02:24AM +0530, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:
> Steve Holmes writes:
> > Do I have to set up anything in advance in order to use ispell in
> > emacs with the aspell program? See the message below for the full
> > story.  I can't get past this read-only problem.
>
> (setq ispell-program-name (executable-find "aspell"))

That fixed it! It seems that the documentation I followed, suggested a
different setting to specify the aspell binary but this setting you
gave me enables it to work properly now.  Thanks and sorry for the repeated
queries to the list; I thought there might have been a problem with
how it was implemented with Arch.

So Now i'm off to write those perfectly spelled e-mails. <smile>