[arch-general] "$startdir/src", "$startdir/pkg" and "|| return 1" in official packages

Steve Holmes steve.holmes88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 21:33:29 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:43:25AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> makepkg automatically exits on any error in the build() or package()
> functions.

This is interesting to know; I had no idea.  I learn to build my
PKGBUILDs from other live examples as well as the .proto versions in
the shared pacman directory of example PKGBUILDs.  I haven't looked
lately but hope these example scripts are updated accordingly.  I plan
to update my personal PKGBUILDs and the ones I maintain in AUR.