[arch-general] Adobe Releases New 64-bit Flash Plugin For Linux

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 07:36:40 EDT 2010

On 09/19/2010 02:18 AM, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> ++ the general consensus was to leave 64-bit flash in... when adobe
> cancelled it for a bit... I don't know why it ever got removed. I've
> had problems recently with flash and I suspect it's due to running a
> 32-bit version.

The 64bit version of the plugin was removed because it had a (serious?)
security flaw and it was decided to provide the 32bit version which
contained a fix even though it can be a little problematic (some users
report more problems) and messy.

Regarding crashes, here I didn't notice any increase in problems after
the change ... it's still crappy flash with sub-par linux support.

I would like to see a 64bit version of flash on the repos but I can't
blame the devs/maintainers if they have some doubts about changing
things yet again, it seems adobe can't make up its mind about 64bit support.

--
Mauro Santos