[arch-general] Repo Structure - Pool Dir

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Tue Sep 21 06:40:02 EDT 2010

On 09/21/2010 01:31 PM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Currently I see that there are some packages in
> /archlinux/extra/os/i686/ and some symlinks to ../../../pool/packages/.
>
> I was hoping a dev would be able to answer the following the questions?
>
> Eventually, will all packages (from core/extra/community) end up in pool?
> Repos like multilib, gnome-unstable, kde-unstable will not end up, right?
>
> Thanks,
> ~pyther

this is the new layout.

all new packages are copied in pool directory to avoid synchronizing
again the mirrors once they are moved from a repo to another.
this way, when packages are moved, mirrors have to synchronize only the
new symlinks location

pool/packages contain packages for
core/extra/testing/gnome-unstable/kde-unstable/staging and
pool/community the other repos available

--
Ionuț