[arch-general] Any special reason for /etc/shadow.pacnew, or just normal pacman behavior.

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Sep 21 16:02:39 EDT 2010

Guys,

	I always diff any new .pacnew files when they are created during an update.
Today I got /etc/shadow.pacnew which was a little surprising given that
replacing shadow would be bad. The diff showed that the .pacnew entries were
already in shadow (except for the root password of course)

	So this is just normal expected behavior by pacman right? shadow was there,
pacman new it, so the new file was just installed as .pacnew. Anything else
there I need to look at? Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC