[arch-general] How do AUR packages get new maintainers?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Sep 22 13:37:21 EDT 2010

On 09/21/2010 03:57 PM, Stefan Erik Wilkens wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> If you're logged in to the AUR, any package with an orphan status will
> have an "Adopt Packages" button on its page.

Yep, I've seen that button, but I'm not sure anybody wants a lawyer maintain any
package :p I see some that I'm pretty sure I could do (RPM, yum, etc), but I am
no wizard with PKGBUILDs or solving problems when sources won't build due to
compiler changes, etc.. So rather than creating frustrations for everyone, I
thought I would raise the orphan issue to see how to handle it.

If there is somewhere to turn for help when I run into build issues I can't
solve, then I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of packages so they can be kept
current. What nobody needs when trying to help is to be lambasted for not being
able to solve those types of problems -- I sure don't need it.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC