[arch-general] How do AUR packages get new maintainers?

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Wed Sep 22 14:01:30 EDT 2010

David,

I will try to have some courtesy to you this time.

I usually read the mailing list, I don't reply it at all (just when I
need to say my opinion) but, trust me, I read at least 70% of the
mails of the list... From that 70% that I've read, I see, that you ask
_anything_ on the list, so I don't think that you really did a minor
research, or your research techniques are wrong, or you pretend that
we are here to reply you 24/7.

Maybe in this little case, the question that you did, is not detailed
on the wiki as you expected, but then let me ask you a question, did
you updated the wiki when you didn't found the information and then
you got a reply from the list? .. I think no. So don't complain about
the lack of the information on the wiki.

Wanna an advice? try to don't ask _anything_ and waste the time of the
people who usually reply you. Instead, try to research a little more,
and then, after hours (yes hours) of researching, *ask*, and
eventually the number of questions that you do on this list will
decrease and probably you get better replies than a classic RTFM. I
don't consider myself as a very-smart-guy-so-i-dont-ask .. but I try
to don't ask a lot.

It's just my opinion, btw. Good luck.

--
Angel Velásquez