[arch-general] BTRFS, a good choice for /?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Sep 24 13:38:27 EDT 2010

On Friday 24 September 2010 18:52:30 Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> It seems btrfs is really worth a try after so many positive feedbacks.
> Any ideas how can I format / with latest btrfs? I've the archiso on my
> pen drive which was released months ago, I guess it doesn't have the
> latest btrfs-progs?
> What's the method then? Create a PenArch?

long time back I did this.

# modprobe btrfs
# mkfs -t btrfs <device>
# mount -t btrfs <device> <mountpoint>

but this was not thr. the installer but for an extra disk. and it was not for
/ either.

btrfs progs git repo does not get updated very frequently but it remains
useful for what it is.

--
Regards
 Shridhar