[arch-general] Problems mountig ftp/smb via gvfs

b1 forum at b1online.de
Wed Sep 29 16:44:37 EDT 2010

Hello altogether

Today I ran into the following problem:
When I try to connect to an ftp Server via the "connect to Server
Dialog" in Nautilus, the ftp Server gets mounted. Unfortunatelly there
are no files in the newly created mountpoint. I also looked manually in
the .gvfs/FTPSERVERNAME/ Directory and it is empty.

However trying to access the ftp-Server via filezilla (an ftp programm),
works fine.

The exactly same issue comes up, if I try to connect to a Windows-Share.
A mountpoint is created, but its empty.

Nautilus shows no error message and I have no idea of how to solve this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Benedikt