[arch-general] Xorg 1.9 - This traing is going to hell.

Paulo Santos paulo.r.santos at sapo.pt
Thu Sep 30 12:26:28 EDT 2010

Fess wrote:
> 1)Synaptics.
>
> Errors that no synaptics devices found.
> Google says nothing, except the same errors and "wtf is going on".

My touchpad doesn't work for a long time, but I never bothered to try to
fix it. I do get the following error, among 3 other.

(EE) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad no synaptics event device found

> 3)2d\3d slowdown. Epic slowdown. No erros, both ati drivers(catalyst | xf86-video-ati).
>
> RADEON HD4570, .35 stock kernel from repos.

I don't know about 3d, but scrolling and resizing windows became very
very slow.

This happened after today's update, where I updated the kernel and xorg.

kernel 2.6.35.7-1, xorg-server 1.9.0-1, nvidia 256.53
(x86_64)

I think my fonts look different now. I use cairo-cleartype 1.8.10-1,
which in AUR is flagged as out of date. Could that interfere?

Best regards,
Paulo Santos