[arch-general] "The Canterbury Distribution"

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Fri Apr 1 01:00:57 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is one of the best April fools day jobs I have ever seen, good job!

indeed ... it had me going for a few minutes, that's for sure :-)

the funny thing is i kinda liked the idea -- i didn't take it as
arch/debian/gentoo/etc were dead as individuals, but more of an
experimental collaboration attempt towards a more robust solution ...
ie. "a framework for building distributions" ... an idea i already
think about quite a bit.

sooo tbh, i was slightly disappointed when i realized the it's real
purpose ... haha seriously i fall for april fools technology crap
every year because i think similar to mann138 from the linked forum
thread:

"At first I went all WTF, then I realized Aprils Fool and then I went
to `what if?`..."

:-D

C Anthony