[arch-general] A question regarding lxc

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Fri Apr 1 01:04:35 EDT 2011

Can anyone please tell me whether my understanding of lxc is correct.
Say I have lxc containers foo1, foo2 and bar1, bar2 such that

(1) foo1 and foo2 have seperate file hiearchy and

(2) bar1 and bar2 share /usr /bin/ (i.e. directories where executables
    and shared libraries are kept) via read only bind mount.

I would expect that in configuration (2) for common shared libraries,
only one copy would be loaded where as for (1) both will load its own
versions of the shared library even if they are identical otherwise.
Is that correct?

The next question is what is the best way to check this out.

Regards

ppk