[arch-general] Default Bootloader for AIF

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:04:45 EDT 2011

On 03/27/2011 01:47 AM, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
> On a side note, I think it is also useful to have GPT
> partitioning as default now since it is way superior to MBR (see
> logical partitions linked-list info) and supports multiple primary
> partitions.
I'm not sure that it's a good idea to make GPT the default any time
soon, since most tools don't support it very well yet, and most versions
of Windows won't boot of it (much as I hate holding things back for
worse operating systems, having a default that makes it impossible to
boot Windows seems like a bad idea). Having it available in the
installer would be really nice though. Even just including gdisk and
syslinux on the install disk would make things a lot easier in some
situations.