[arch-general] [systemd] v23 released, heads up

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon Apr 4 20:23:21 EDT 2011

Hey all,

A heads up for anyone using systemd, I've just pushed the latest tag to
[community-testing]. It's going to be hanging out there until we at
least see udev-167. More notably, there's been a fairly silly change [1]
in place that will muck up the formatting of log facilities in dmesg and
syslog [2] without a kernel patch [3] to accompany it.

Understand that this is mostly cosmetic, but for anyone micromanaging
their syslogs, this may have an impact unless you backport the patch to
your kernel.

regards,
dave

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/commit/?id=7c3b203c5c69fc37c8d143851cd395cbf8920786