[arch-general] base stuff (was: Change Arch's default crond)

Thomas S Hatch thatch45 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:46:48 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de> wrote:

> Am Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:25:42 -0600
> schrieb Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com>:
>
> > As for adding SELinux support in base but keeping it turned off by
> > default, +1
>
> Then you mean adding it to [core]. (base) is supposed to be installed
> on every system. And SELinux is definitely not necessary for a minimal
> base Linux installation.
>
> Heiko

SELinux is a compile flag in the kernel and base utils, it is not required
for a minimal system, but just adding the compile flags is a minor change
and makes setting up more secure systems a possibility.

I think that the only reason it is omitted is because most people are
horrified by it, but if it is disabled by default then it is off and no one
need know that support is compiled in.