[arch-general] Change Arch's default crond

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Wed Apr 6 23:34:48 EDT 2011

Am Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:24:45 -0500
schrieb "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:

> Upstream stability makes sense. If redhat is behind cronie, then that
> seems like the logical choice.

Why is this logical? Is it the developer what makes a software good or
is it the features and the stability? If Redhat's cronie has less
features than fcron then fcron is the logical choice, of course.

> Otherwise, we are bound to repeat this
> discussion 12 months from now when fcron or dcron has problems that
> are not being fixed.

dcron has a lot of issues, while fcron works since years. There's no
need to wait again 12 months. This discussion already takes more than a
year.

Heiko