[arch-general] Fwd: Re: [hylafax-users] Error building 6.0.5 on Arch Linux /sys/stat.h:299:47: error: declaration of ‘int fchmod(int, __mode_t) throw ()’ throws different exceptions

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 7 12:47:52 EDT 2011

On 04/07/2011 11:41 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> but I can't help but wondering if something is checking ownership expecting to
> find the files owned by the 'fax' user and then not executing the faxrcvd or
> notify commands as a result.

It's not just ownership of the executables, but also the files in
/var/spool/hylafax/recvq, /var/spool/hylafax/doneq, ....  It may present a
read permission problem if owned by uucp:uucp, especially where
../hylafax/etc/config.ttyS1 has "RecvFileMode:   0640" or 0600.

Again, just food for thought... I'll try and learn more about what user hylafx
is running under for the various tasks. Right now, I just don't know.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.