[arch-general] base stuff

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Fri Apr 8 03:44:14 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 22:31 +0300, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Grigorios Bouzakis <grbzks at xsmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> I guess you mean http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.arch.general/32759
> >
> > Thanks for the link, I did not want to bring up SELinux yet, because I will
> > not be getting to it for a few months, but this will help a great deal!
> >
> > -Thomas S Hatch
> >

> Glad i could help :)
>
> ----
> Greg

SELinux would maybe bring extra security too archlinux, but what I don't
see in this thread is how much harder / more bugs it would make for
developers/TU's to package if you use SELinux.

So in general what is the benefits / costs for SELinux?

And on a side note, I don't like archlinux forcing users to use SELinux
because users should have a choice to use any MAC software they want.
That's why AppArmor /Tomoyo are nicer solutions cause they don't require
recompiling of packages -> increasing bugs/problems.

--
Jelle van der Waa