[arch-general] base stuff

Nicky726 Nicky726 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 10:17:55 EDT 2011

Dne pátek 08 dubna 2011 12:43:51 Kaiting Chen napsal(a):
> On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl> wrote:
> > And on a side note, I don't like archlinux forcing users to use SELinux
> > because users should have a choice to use any MAC software they want.
> > That's why AppArmor /Tomoyo are nicer solutions cause they don't require
> > recompiling of packages -> increasing bugs/problems.
>
> If we compile our packages with SELinux support, does that force users to
> use SELinux? I was under the impression that these changes would be
> completely benign on non-SELinux enabled systems. --Kaiting.

AFAIK selinux-userspace libraries then have to be installed, but SELinux
itself can be disabled in its main configuration file.

BTW I maintain SELinux enabled "packages" in the AUR and for most of them just
recompile is needed, for some though some patching has to be done.

If I may add more to this SELinux related thread, I would like to aply for TU
and bring SELinux packages to community in the summer, to make using SELinux
easier.

Nicky726

--
Don't it always seem to go