[arch-general] base stuff

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Apr 8 15:29:34 EDT 2011

Am Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:55:16 -0600
schrieb Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com>:

> Yaro makes many good points, I think that my recommendation would be
> to allow someone to maintain support for SELinux in community. If
> SELinux support is deemed something that would be a good idea to move
> to core in the future than do so, otherwise leave it in community.

I'd prefer a separate [selinux] repo. So that people know what they are
doing.

I know, packages with SELinux support could and should be named
something like selinux-XXX or XXX-selinux, but I think a new repo would
be better and more secure - not only from SELinux' view.

This way SELinux users can just add [selinux] to pacman.conf above
[core]. For the other users it should be deactivated by default.

Heiko