[arch-general] base stuff

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 8 17:55:40 EDT 2011

On 09/04/11 00:53, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>  wrote:

>>> I dont think thats gonna work since you'll have to provide the same
>>> packages as in [core] built differently.
>>> See for example: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.arch.tur.user/19324
>>>

>> Providing a set of packages that is configured/built for a different
>> purpose is different that providing a package with a patch not supported
>> upstream.
>>

> Nope, its exactly the same. The xcb cairo backend is part of the cairo
> source not a patch. Cairo can be configured to take advantage of it
> without messing with the xlib backend using the --enable-xcb&
> --disable-xlib_xcb same as pam for example needs the --enable-selinux in
> order to use selinux
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/selinux-pam/PKGBUILD

Hmm...  I thought it was a a patch.  Was it declared
unstable/unsupported upstream then?  There was something weird like that.

Anyway, I still see nothing wrong with creating SELinux packages and
having them available in [community], although I would like to see a
separate repo at least for the start.

Allan