[arch-general] Gnome 3 + KDE 4 are both large disappointments.

Ionuț Bîru ibiru at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 10 09:58:47 EDT 2011

On 04/10/2011 10:50 PM, Dennis Beekman wrote:
> Can we not just keeps using the old version and ignore the new version
> of gnome for now until they get they act together ? or hopefully decide
> to go back to the old interface and develop that further instead ...

i give it you the option to create a custom repo with gnome 2.32 but
doing in the way that doesn't conflict with the current packages and
install all modules+dependencies in /opt

if you don't know how to do this then this here is list with new
distributions that ship gnome 2.32:

* opensuse
* ubuntu
* debian