[arch-general] Gnome 3 + KDE 4 are both large disappointments.

Alper Kanat tunix at raptiye.org
Sun Apr 10 12:39:57 EDT 2011

Hello Fellow Archers,

Most people say that Arch is cutting edge and saving GNOME2 as gnome2 is not
the the Arch way. I know that packaging and maintaining GNOME2 is a hard
task that no devs would want to take care of and that we'll most likely be
seeing unofficial repositories but what about python? Despite the upstream
python is 3.x, we still have python2 for failback? So is that the Arch way?

I believe there's no need to say that preserving GNOME2 is not the Arch way.
It's also unreliable and unwanted to use the unstable repository to test
GNOME3 since it's probably not ready for end users imho. We'll see better
integration soon.

---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?