[arch-general] Gnome 3 + KDE 4 are both large disappointments.

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sun Apr 10 14:13:42 EDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 19:40 +0300, Alper Kanat wrote:
> s/failback/fallback/g
>
> sorry for the typo..
>
> ---
> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
>

> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 19:39, Alper Kanat <tunix at raptiye.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello Fellow Archers,
> >
> > Most people say that Arch is cutting edge and saving GNOME2 as gnome2 is
> > not the the Arch way. I know that packaging and maintaining GNOME2 is a hard
> > task that no devs would want to take care of and that we'll most likely be
> > seeing unofficial repositories but what about python? Despite the upstream
> > python is 3.x, we still have python2 for failback? So is that the Arch way?

quote from python.org
        The current production versions are Python 2.7.1 and Python 3.2.

        Start with one of these versions for learning Python or if you
        want the most stability; they're both considered stable
        production releases.now.

While with GNOME it's the case that GNOME2 is dead , SO LONG LIVE
GNOME3!!

*jelly drinks beer with his gnome friends

--
Jelle van der Waa