[arch-general] libre office java support

Dennis Beekman d.c.beekman.devel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:54:05 EDT 2011

Libre Office seems to depend on the openjdk6 package but this package
doesn't support applets in firefox and therefore i use the jre & jdk
packages instead.

When i installed the latest updates wich included Libre Office it
removed the jre package in favor of the openjdk6 package.
I have forced pacman to remove to openjdk package and install the jre
and jdk packages instead... and Libre Office works fine (i see no
diffirence at least).

Is there any specific reason for Libre Office to use openjdk6 ? and can
we perhaps change this to jre/jdk instead ?