[arch-general] Firefox 4 seg faulting

Gordy Campbell gordy2007 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 12:29:59 EDT 2011

On 04/13/2011 06:16 PM, Gordon Campbell wrote:
>>Just did a fresh install of Archlinux. The problem is when I start Firefox
>>nothing happens. I ran it in the terminal and it's segfaults . Can get the
>>safe mode box up when I run firefox -safe-mode but when it try's to start it
>>just segfaults. Anyone else have this problem and how can I sort this?

>do you use different packages for cairo/freetype2/fontconfig?
I did a fresh install with Testing enabled so it is possible that I could be using different cairo/freetype2/fontconfig packages. Also running Gnome 3.
@Juan libtrash is not installed.
Thanks,
Gordy
I did an identical install on my laptop about 2 days ago and works great on there. Maybe something has updated in Testing since then?