[arch-general] testing/opencv cannot open my ov511 webcam

Tao Yang swulling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 07:34:53 EDT 2011

First I'm sorry for my poor english.

I'm using a ov511 webcam, and after install testing/opencv, in my
program, webcam cannot be opened.

>From the abs system, I found it have a bug for kernel 2.6.38,
see :  https://code.ros.org/trac/opencv/ticket/862 , and opencv use the
wrong patch:`nov4l1.patch`, it simply disable the v4l support.

After search , i found the same bug in :
https://code.ros.org/trac/opencv/ticket/973
it supply a right patch. Use it, everything is ok.

At last I use `makepkg --source` to make a `opencv-2.2.0-5.src.tar.gz`,
it fix this bug. Download at : http://ge.tt/6D5

Because my poor english and i'm a new user in archlinux, I don't know is
this bug is suitable to submit in Bug Tracker....