[arch-general] Change Arch's default crond

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 02:32:42 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 11:32 AM, David C. Rankin <
drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/06/2011 10:34 PM, Heiko Baums wrote:
>
>> Upstream stability makes sense. If redhat is behind cronie, then that
>>>
>> Why is this logical? Is it the developer what makes a software good or
>> is it the features and the stability? If Redhat's cronie has less
>> features than fcron then fcron is the logical choice, of course.
>>

>  You are correct. The long term stability was just my thought. Like I said
> earlier in my message -- It doesn't matter to me which cron we have -- as
> long as we have one that works :)  I have no say in the matter, so I will,
> of course, defer to whatever decision you guys reach. I just want to make
> sure we have a cron by default :)

So what's the status here? I pulled cronie into [community-testing] a couple
of days ago and will probably merge it into [community] soon. So that's the
one I vote.

But regardless of which one we choose in my opinion the sooner we get rid of
dcron the better. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/