[arch-general] scipy package - is there anything important that stops the update to 0.9?

Ángel Velásquez angvp at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 22 13:38:01 EDT 2011

2011/4/22 Andrzej Giniewicz <gginiu at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to ask if there are any important issues regarding update of
> python-scipy? It's been flagged out of date for nearly two months,
> that's quite long time for Arch standards! Is there any issue
> remaining to be solved, anything I can help with? I'd really like to
> see this updated to 0.9, as I have some aur packages waiting for this.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrzej.

Hi,

Maybe you should try to build it by yourself first, before asking if
there is anything important that is stoping the release...

As Ray explained to you, to build this version, for now it have to be
hacked horribly, and isn't being possible, plus, I had on vacations,
and the unique person who helped me to see this behaviour by far have
been Ray, nobody from the community, not you btw who next time before
ask this kind of stuff you should contact first the maintainer.

Your _packages_ are depending on scipy 0.9.0 or builds fine with
0.8.0, if so, you should update your stuff to 0.8.0 until we can
figure out how to build 0.9.0.

Thanks for your !help

--
Angel Velásquez