[arch-general] [WAS:arch-dev-public] raptor/rasqal/redland .so rebuilds moved to testing

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:19:42 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de> wrote:
> We had to add ugly compat packages because liblrdf and soprano can't be
> ported to the latest releases.
>
> Please test if anything went broken. The packages shouldn't stay long
> in testing.
>
> -Andy

I see that the {redland,rasqal}-compat packages conflict with
{redland,rasqal}. In the case of redland-1.0.13-1 and
redland-compat-1.0.12-1 that means I cannot have both at the same
time. Which means I have to choose between kdelibs (depends on
soprano, hence redland-compat) and slv2 (depends on redland-1.0.13)
(or, in my system, between having KDE software and having ardour).

Any way around this? I'm wondering why redland-compat isn't at the
same version as redland, though I'm sure if this has been done there's
a pretty good reason.