[arch-general] [WAS:arch-dev-public] raptor/rasqal/redland .so rebuilds moved to testing

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 10:36:52 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 23 April 2011 10:19:42 you wrote:
>> I see that the {redland,rasqal}-compat packages conflict with
>> {redland,rasqal}. In the case of redland-1.0.13-1 and
>> redland-compat-1.0.12-1 that means I cannot have both at the same
>> time. Which means I have to choose between kdelibs (depends on
>> soprano, hence redland-compat) and slv2 (depends on redland-1.0.13)
>> (or, in my system, between having KDE software and having ardour).
>>
>> Any way around this? I'm wondering why redland-compat isn't at the
>> same version as redland, though I'm sure if this has been done there's
>> a pretty good reason.
> Hi,
> first of all rasqal > 0.9.21 and redland > 1.0.12, both requires raptor >=
> 2.0.0 to build, that's because they are out-of-date.
> Said that, we cannot ship a redland-base package (for example) and add a
> redland-compat package which provides the libraries built with raptor1 and
> depends on redland-base.
>
> The only way to install the both version redland and redland-compat is to
> rename every file in the redland-compat package, (maybe using --program-suffix/-
> prefix) but this will require patches for things like soprano (cmake files and
> headers have to point to the -compat stuff). Patches are welcome.
>
> I've no others idea. We've to wait KDE devs port it to raptor2.

Fair enough. I don't think the combination of (for example) KDE and
any non-KDE app depending on redland is all that rare. Come to think
of it, doesn't libreoffice depend on redland as well?

Not that I've any say in this, but it does seem if this rebuild is
moved out of [testing] there'll be lots of conflicts. Not sure what
else is affected, but basically whatever packages have been affected
by this rebuild (at least the redland portion of it) now does not
function with KDE?