[arch-general] Postfix_Tutorial wiki info out of date?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 26 16:50:00 EDT 2011

Guys,

   Looking at the postfix tutorial wiki, it looks like the
dovecot/spamassassin information is out of date. Not being that familiar with
each, I didn't want to drop a note flagging it until somebody else had looked,
but the dovecot config information looked like the old dovecot-1 config. Can
somebody familiar with dovecot and spamassassin drop by the page a check
whether the information there is still good info?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Postfix_Tutorial

   I was looking for the spamassassin information in particular. I have
spamassassin set up with dovecot and postfix and I have been training it, but
it doesn't seem like it is flagging any spam? I am using an old setup to
filter mail through spamassassin with postfix main.cf:

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

and then a .procmailrc file in $HOME, but looking at the logs, it doesn't look
like anything has been filtered in months. (I was working on chasing that down.)

   If the page is out-of-date, I'll fill in the new spamassassin information
when I get the source of my issue figured out. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.