[arch-general] bluez and udev

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Apr 30 12:25:00 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> My understanding: Let initscripts start bluetoothd and not udev (it
> should not use to manage services).

I have been looking a bit more into this (reading the discussions on
the bluez mailinglist). From what I can see Sebastien is absolutely
right: udev should not manage the bluetooth service, only inistscripts
should. In addition to the problem of bluetooth  not working on boot,
there is also the problem that it is impossible to disable the bluez
daemon and the settings in /etc/conf.d/bluetooth are (sometimes)
ignored.

I tried compiling bluez with --disable-udevrules, and it seems to have
the desired effect. Andrea, maybe something to consider for the next
release?

Cheers,

Tom