[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] blacklisting issue, perhaps initscripts or kernel 3.0 related

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Mon Aug 1 03:57:00 EDT 2011

Am Mon, 01 Aug 2011 09:30:27 +0200
schrieb Tobias Powalowski <tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com>:

> In the past people had more than one soundcard in the pc, the problem
> by autoloading modules with udev, could change the order of this
> sounddevices. This is not that much a problem anymore, modern systems
> mostly have only one soundcard installed.

At least regarding soundcards this is not true. Also loading the
soundcard modules by using the MODULES array can lead to different
orders. The only way of having them loaded in a specific order is to
using the index parameter in /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf.

I don't know how it is for other modules like network cards. There are
several modules which don't have an index parameter.

Heiko