[arch-general] mpop & msmtp

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Aug 2 08:36:20 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM, Bastien Dejean <eschyle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dwight Schauer a écrit :

>> Because something like fetchmail does the same thing as mpop?
>
> It seems there are plenty reasons to prefer mpop over fetchmail:
> http://mpop.sourceforge.net/comparison.html

To answer your initial question: the way it usually works is that a
package is in the repos if a developer wants to maintain it.
Otherwise, it might be in community if a TU wants to maintain it, or
in AUR if someone else wants to.

If you want to see mpop in the repo's I suggest putting it in AUR or
voting for it if is already there.

Cheers,

Tom