[arch-general] [signoff] linux-3.0-2

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Tue Aug 2 12:38:56 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski
<tobias.powalowski at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> please signoff 3.0 series for both arches.
>
> Upstream
> changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Archlinux Changes:
> - Rename the package kernel26 -> linux
> - Added replaces everywhere
> - Removed old comments and vercmps from .install file
> - Removed old comments and replaces from PKGBUILD
> - added compatibility symlinks for vmlinuz26 and initramfs filenames
>  in PKGBUILD, in order to not break bootloader entries.
> - removed System.map file, not needed anymore we provide
>  /proc/kallsyms
>
> Now stuff to discuss before uploading to testing:
> - kernel name: vmlinuz-linux
> - initramfs name: initramfs-linux.img
>  same for fallback of course.

both look good here -- x86_64 + i686

... out of curiosity, if the original reason for having a `kernel26`
package was to also have a `kernel24` (from what i read -- wasn't
around then) how is this handled with the `linux` package?  or is this
a non-issue?

C Anthony