[arch-general] Installation of libreoffice

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Thu Aug 4 05:35:50 EDT 2011

Excerpts from Ray Rashif's message of 2011-08-04 09:02:45 +0200:
> On 4 August 2011 06:35, Philipp Überbacher <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> > It's not exactly easy to figure out what upstream uses in this case. The
> > only hint I found so far is the gnome_list.txt in the PKGBUILD. I don't
> > know whether the upstream name is very significant in this case.
>
> I think upstream is only keen on DE integration. That the gnome
> integration does not depend on gnome-specific stuff, just happens to
> be the case.

I'm just glad that it doesn't depend on gnome stuff and I'm someone
who's annoyed when something suggests it's gnome but only requires gtk
and even more so if something suggests it requires gtk but requires a
whole bunch of gnome stuff. Same for qt/kde of course.
I wish those descriptions were correct and thus meaningful in arch.

In this specific case I don't think the upstream name matters much since
I even have a hard time figuring out how upstream calls this part of LO.
I don't know where the packager got the name from but it might well have
been the ubuntu package for all I can figure out. I personally find a
sane naming scheme in arch more important than consistency across
distros (which would be pretty much the only reason to go with the
'wrong' name).