[arch-general] Canon MP280 turboprint

R7h0re4 r7h0re4 at att.net
Fri Aug 5 14:54:15 EDT 2011

I have a canon MP280 printer and am unable to print using turboprint, as
well as a regular cups using gutenprint drivers or Turboprint drivers or
the .ppd files downloaded from Canon's site.

When I check the aur most of the packaged drivers are outdated and when
I check the bug reports it seems that I am not alone in this respect. A
few of the bug reports list something about 64 bit issues, I am also
unable to compile some of the files from the Canon tar balls you can get
from Canons site.

When I check the cups error log file it gives me back end failures and
list a few files, when I link the file nothing prints.  This also
applies to Turbo-print but does not give error messages in that program.
Just wanted to know what other options I may need to pursue, the printer
works with Debian 32 bit on a net-book, and of course Windows but it
would be nice to get it working under Arch.

R7h0re4