[arch-general] Wiki entry for GPGPU / OpenCL / CUDA

XeCycle xecycle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 23:22:08 EDT 2011

Vojtěch Král <kral.vojtech at gmail.com> writes:

> Hey everyone,...
>  From recent discussions about troubles with OpenCL as well as
> comments in AUR,
> forums, etc.. I got the impression that the whole thing is pretty
> confusing for an outsider... and for an insider too for that matter.
> So I put up a wiki entry.
>
> So far it's a wip article on my wiki profile here:
>  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Kralyk/GPGPU
>
> I'd like you to
>  + have a look at it and tell me what you think of it ;-)

Nice work.  Well, yes, CUDA is missing.

>  + check if my wording is tolerable enough - English isn't my native
> language, feel free to correct

I think it OK, I'm not native English speaker either.

>  + See if you know anything about the (missing) Nvidia/CUDA parts
> I myself am not really acquainted with CUDA and Nvidia-flavoured OpenCL
> so I'd like to ask if someone CUDA-savvy out there would be so kind as
> to help out and fill in those gaps.

But I don't know that --- I have an ATI card myself.

> Regards,
> ~kralyk

I learned that ImageMagick supports OpenCL processing, and I tried with
my card, but failed.  Those samples from amdstream worked fine, but
ImageMagick always failed with it.  Could you please write something on
that?  And perhaps more on other software that supports OpenCL.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University