[arch-general] hylafax PKGBUILD contains typo - '$spkgdir' line 55

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Tue Aug 9 17:31:06 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

>  install -D -m 755 $srcdir/${pkgname}-${pkgver}/util/notify.awk \
>        $spkgdir/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify.awk

>  If you build with write permission for /var/spool/hylafax (i.e. root) you
> would have removed the notify.awk file from the installed version of
> hylafax. (who builds as root :)

100% unrelated, but this is why my dirs *always* have a trailing `/`
... better to fail trying to remove a nonexistent `var/...` then
*gasp* the alternative `/var/<oops>` ....

... i wish everyone else did this too.  make it very easy to
detect/react when absolute fragments are appended (causes a double
`//`), naturally relative, fails more gracefully, obviates the fact
it's not a file, and avoids hacky code trying to remove PRECEDING `/`s
that MAY or MAY NOT exist (very annoying).

but yeah ... bugtracker ;-)

--

C Anthony