[arch-general] Writing my mother tongue in LibreOffice.

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Aug 12 09:38:28 EDT 2011

On Friday 12 Aug 2011 6:35:59 PM Madhurya Kakati wrote:

> So basically I can use my english qwerty keyboard to enter assamese
> characters? That's great. So I just have to install ibus and then I
> can write in Assamese in libreoffice writer?

There are multiple ways to achieve the same thing. It all boil downs to how to
inform X that what keyboard layout you are using.

I regularly type मराठी(marathi) in all my programs from KDE and do not need any
special installation.

Just go to system settings -> input devices -> keyboard layout -> configure
layout and add the desired layout. Thats all.

I just checked it but asamese is not listed in there. Closest one is bengali.

Even in indian layout, there is no asamese variant.

--

Regards
 Shridhar