[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] vpnc 0.5.3-4

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon Aug 15 12:11:31 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 11:08:15AM +0200, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> Fix FS#25002 (add net-tools dep for now), FS#23452 (fix path, add
> optdepend) and FS#25095 (add supplied patch).
>
> Please sign off.
>
> I also want to mention that I don't use vpnc anymore, and haven't done
> so for years. I don't want to keep maintaining it, so if there are
> takers among the devs, please step up.

Anyone else? User signoffs are welcome.

I'd like to get this moved to core soon-ish to make way for some more
concrete changes, namely:

* Updating to an svn tarball which has some lovely bug fixes -- several
  other distros are packaging trunk.
* An updated vpnc-script maintained by David Woodhouse (intel employee
  and major kernel contributor) [1]. He's added ipv6 support and a few
  bugfixes as well.

I've also sent David a pull request to get rid of the net-tools
dependency (at least in Linux) and fix a bug in his updates.

[1] http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git