[arch-general] Atheros WiFi only working after reboot from windows

Vic Demuzere vic at demuzere.be
Mon Aug 15 14:59:31 EDT 2011

On 08/01/2011 09:07 PM, Guus Snijders wrote:

> Please do report back here if you find a solution as there may be more
> users who get bitten by this bug.

I didn't find a solution on that list. They asked me to enable debug
messages, but that required recompiling the kernel. I have never done
that before, and currently don't have time to look into that.

Setting the channel width to 20MHz on the access point fixed it though.
It used to be set to "Auth 20/40 MHz". Looks like the ath9k is not
compatible with that setting, but the windows driver is.

--
vic at demuzere.be :: http://vic.demuzere.be :: PGP: 0x6690CF94
My software never contains bugs, it just develops random features.