[arch-general] btrfs & Arch

Okky Hendriansyah mawcikurl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:24:43 EDT 2011

Hi Gour,

Have you heard about the in-kernel ZFS for Linux? (http://zfsonlinux.org) project? I think there are some AUR packages for it.

Thanks.
Okky Hendriansyah

-----Original Message-----
From: Gour-Gadadhara Dasa <gour at atmarama.net>
Sender: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.orgDate: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:17:49
To: <arch-general at archlinux.org>
Subject: [arch-general] btrfs & Arch

Hello!

After package manager which can server both official repos & AUR,there is
another thing which I consider before returning back to Arch - filesystem.

On FreeBSD I now use zfs running on two 1TB disks in mirror (raid-1) mode.

I'd like to have similar setup on Arch, but without using lvm2+raid-1 (if
possible), so I did research a bit about zfs on Linux and it looks that the
'real' name for it is Btrfs.

Afaics, btrfs will soon get fsck tool for repairing the fs, but I wonder what's
the plan for btrfs support in Arch, iow, when it can become 'official' ?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)